If you answer "yes" to any of the questions below, you will benefit from making an appointment with us.
1. Are you unable to lose weight no matter how few calories you eat or how much you exercise?
2. Are you using prescription medications?
3. Do you crave foods or are consistently hungry?
4. Do you snore when you sleep or have sleeping difficulties?
5. Do you sweat excessively?
6. Do you have a family history or such as diabetes or heart disease?
7. Do you have trouble walking up a flight of stairs?
8. Are you peri- or post- menopausal?
9. Do you suffer from gas and bloating or from decreased energy levels?
Obesity can be a complex and multi-factorial condition. Treatment must be targeted to the underlying causes such as excess insulin production, an undiagnosed under active thyroid, a hormonal imbalance, yeast overgrowth, the use of prescription medications and heavy metal toxicity. Each of these causes can make it make impossible to lose weight even with strict calorie reduction or excessive time spent exercising. Unlike many health care professionals, we believe that lack of success is not your fault. We can help you.v
For example, you may benefit from a simple 10-minute breath test. This test allows us to determine exactly how many calories you burn in a day by calculating your resting energy expenditure (REE) and comparing it to normal values based on age, gender, height and weight.
Once, the underlying factor(s) to resistant weight loss is treated, balance is restored, weight loss will occur, and health goals can be achieved. Success hinges on the proper nutritional and medical prescription from a trained professional.
Carbohydrates have a direct impact on hormones, blood sugar, insulin and fat storage. Using a low carbohydrate nutrition plan will promote weight loss by burning fat and balancing insulin and other hormones.
We also believe exercise is an important part of achieving balanced health. Exercise has a multitude of benefits such as: increasing HDL (good cholesterol), reducing anxiety, preserving a youthful appearance and maintaining weight.
Exercise in conjunction with controlling carbohydrate intake helps the body switch to using fat instead of carbohydrates for energy. The body now can more easily burn body fat.